What Potbelly Is Doing Now
To our valued customers,
At Potbelly, we work hard every day to provide a relaxing environment, friendly faces, and toasty sandwiches. We remain dedicated to that mission while we are all impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
As fellow members of your communities, we stand with you. We take seriously our role in minimizing the spread of coronavirus, keeping our employees safe, and providing an experience that allows our customers to continue enjoying Potbelly with confidence.
As you know, we’ve always made cleanliness, food safety, and food quality paramount. We are closely following the standards set by local health departments and the best practices advised by our vendors:
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces in our shops every 30 minutes
- Emphasizing employees adhere to our strict hand washing policies
- Thoroughly cleaning our shops every evening
- Educating our employees on COVID-19 symptoms and preventative measures
- Mandating employees stay away from shops when not feeling well, and monitoring their health to ensure a safe return to work
- Continuing to make hand sanitizer available to customers in our dining areas, as we have for years, and ensuring our restrooms are stocked with hand soap
- Working closely with our delivery drivers and partners to ensure they are following all necessary safety guidelines
- Sealing every Potbelly delivery bag through Potbelly.com, Grubhub, or DoorDash with tamper-evident stickers
- Offering contactless pick-up at all our shops when you order ahead through our app or Potbelly.com
The CDC has made it clear that there is no evidence to support the transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. Even though this is the case, we will vigilantly work to deepen our customers’ long-term trust in Potbelly.
As always, we will meet the needs of our customers wherever they would like to enjoy Potbelly. In our shops, through online pick-up, drive-thru, or with our delivery options – accessible through our app, Potbelly.com, DoorDash, and Grubhub. We look forward to continuing to provide great food, made right.
Thank you for your patience and commitment during this complex time. We will monitor coronavirus developments and make adjustments as necessary to help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe.
We are in this together.
President & CEO