(Updated May 13, 2020)
Potbelly knows that you care about how information about you is collected, used, shared, and protected. To better protect your privacy, Potbelly provides this notice explaining its information practices and the choices you can make about the way Potbelly collects, uses, shares, and protects your personal information.
The Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you provide it by providing information through our website, through our mobile apps, or giving the information to us in another way. For example, we collect information when you order products, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, or subscribe to one of our services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. Typical personal information includes name, address, email address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, birthday, and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs and services.
We, or our Internet service provider ("ISP"), may collect information about your use of our online resources, such as Internet protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number and type of clicks.
When you use a Potbelly electronic resources using your mobile device, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off or otherwise manage the location information that the device monitors or shares. Please be sure to check your device's location settings to be sure that those settings are as you want them to be.
How We Use the Information
Potbelly uses personal information in the following ways.
- To provide products and/or services to you;
- To analyze trends and to administer websites, applications, and other resources;
- To communicate with you;
- In the case of location information (such as we might receive from your mobile device), to provide location-based services, such as directions to the nearest Potbelly shop; and
- To provide offers by Potbelly that might interest you.
If Potbelly anonymizes the information (combines it with other information, redacts it, or otherwise makes it so that it no longer reasonably identifies you), Potbelly can use the information for any purpose.
How, and with Whom, We Share Information
Potbelly does not sell, your information. Also, Potbelly does not disclose or share your information except as described below.
- Anonymized information. If Potbelly anonymizes information (i.e., combines it with other information, redacts it, or otherwise makes it so that it no longer reasonably identifies you), Potbelly may share that information with anyone for any purpose.
- Outsourcing providers. Potbelly may provide your information to service providers to provide products and services or perform other functions in support of Potbelly's conduct of its business. These service providers include, but aren't limited to, providers who deliver our products and services, manage your account, host our computer systems, develop our websites and mobile apps, provide customer service, and help us market our products and services.
- Successors. If Potbelly sells or otherwise transfers (or investigates the potential sale or other transfer of) all or a part of its business, Potbelly may transfer to, or share with, the actual or potential buyer or other transferee, the personal information associated with the potentially or actually transferred business. During any due diligence process with a potential buyer, Potbelly will impose obligations of confidentiality and restrictions on the use of information. Such transfer would be for the purpose of facilitating due diligence and/or allowing the buyer or other transferee to operate the business.
- To comply with legal requirements. Potbelly may share your information if required by law enforcement, government agencies, courts, or others where Potbelly believes that its cooperation with information requests is required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
Potbelly uses, and requires that its service providers use, commercially reasonable physical, technical, and other safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to, use of, or alteration of, your information. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network is 100% secure.
Cookies and Online Tracking
These methods can allow you to maintain your account log-in information and other information between visits, and they allow Potbelly to measure and record activity.
You can set your web browser to reject cookies. Each browser is different, so you should check your browser's "Help" menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you reject or block cookies, Potbelly's website(s) might not function as intended.
Many web browsers have a "do not track" setting. That said, there is no widely-accepted standard (through the World Wide Web Consortium or otherwise) governing what should happen when a user selects "do not track" in his or her browser. If and when an industry consensus is reached about how to treat a "do not track" setting, Potbelly will determine whether to follow that consensus approach. In the meantime, enabling "do not track" in your browser will not change what information is exchanged with your computer, or how that information is used.
You might be able to exercise choices regarding third-party cookies and/or tracking devices. You can obtain more information about those choices at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Your Rights to Personal Information
You can request the following information from us and we will provide it to you.
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we hold. We will comply with your request except to the extent that we need to keep it in order to do any of the following things.
- Complete a transaction for which we collected your personal information provide a product or service that you requested or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
To request access to, or deletion of, your personal information, you can
- Call us at +1 (888) 914-9661, and enter PIN: 651 720
- Submit a Data Request.
You also have several other options for updating or changing your personal information and how Potbelly communicates with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes.
- Follow the "unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of email marketing communications to opt-out of receiving promotional emails.
- Follow the "Update Your Information" instructions at the bottom of email marketing communications to manage your contact information (email and postal address) preferences.
- Contact us at Talk To Us.
Employees and Business Contracting Parties
If you're a supplier, commercial customer, or similar person who's not an employee and not a regular consumer, the terms of the contract or other relationship between you and your employer, and/or between your employer and Potbelly, cover privacy matters.
Questions and Feedback
Speaker of the House
Potbelly Sandwich Shop
111 N. Canal St. Suite 850
Chicago, IL 60606